For my last blog article of 2016, I would like to highlight our top blogs and themes of the year.
Top 10 New Blogs in 2016
First the new blogs that we published in 2016.
- FRTB – What You Need to Know
- FCM Rankings – Q1 2016
- Margin Valuation Adjustment
- FRTB – Internal Models or Standardised Approach
- FCM Rankings – Q2 2016
- Uncleared Margin, ISDA SIMM and FRTB SA
- Risk Participation Agreements: What Are They?
- LCH-JSCC Basis in JPY Swaps
- ISDA SIMM Excel Calculator
- How Cash is Held by Clearing Houses
The first with >5,000 views, the second >3,000 views, the next four with >2,000 views and the rest with > 1,500 views, with average reading time ranging between 4 and 6 minutes for each.
Top 10 Blogs in 2016
Next the blogs that we published in earlier years, ranked by their views in 2016.
- Mechanics and Definitions of Spread and Butterfly Swaps
- The IMM Roll for Swaps – What is It and What are the Volumes?
- CME-LCH Basis Spreads
- Principal Component Analysis of the Swap Curve
- MiFiD II and Transparency for Swaps: What You Need to Know
- OIS Swap Nuances
- Why the ISDA SIMM Methodology is Not What I Expected
- Fed Fund Swap Nuances
- BRL Interest Rate Swaps
- Final US Rules on Margin for Non-Cleared Swaps
The top three with >5,000 views, the next four with >3,000 views and the rest with > 2,000 views each, with average reading time ranging between 4 and 6 minutes for each.
Categories and Topics
We added two new categories ISDA SIMM and FRTB, which are proving very popular and growing quickly; currently 14 articles across both.
A new Japanese category collects all the blogs that were translated into Japanese (currently 12) and the most popular one of these has >1,000 views in 2016.
Other popular categories this year were Clearing, Derivatives, Europe, FX, Margin/Risk and Swaps Review, each with many new articles.
Traffic on the Clarus website continues to increase each month.
A chart of unique monthly users.
- 4,250 users in Nov 2014
- 8,500 users in Nov 2015, up 100%
- 12,000 users in Nov 2016, up 40%
Pageviews are now averaging 31,000 a month, up from 22,000 a year earlier; an increase of 40%.
These increases were driven both by the 150 new blogs that we published in 2016 and the existing body of 330 blogs from earlier years; together these resulted in 40 blogs exceeding the 1,000 views threshold.
Over the course of the year, there were 218 days with more than 400 unique users on the website, so almost every single business day in 2016.
The cumulative time spent by all users over the year was 330,000 minutes or 5,500 hours or 229 days!
A phenomenal amount of time.
We strive each week to create original content that informs and interests our readers.
We hope to continue in the same vein in 2017.
It is gratifying that the data shows that so many of you take the time to follow the blog.
It remains for me to thank you and wish you a Happy New Year.
One thought on “Clarus Top Blogs of 2016”
I read all your post and its very helpful to understand whats going on in OTC space.
Comments are closed.