For my last blog article of 2017, I wanted to highlight our top blogs and view statistics for the year.
Top 10 New Blogs in 2017
Starting with the most popular new blogs that we published this year..
- Mechanics of Cross Currency Swaps
- MiFiD II: Instrument Reference Data
- Bitcoin meets OTC Derivatives
- Basel III Leverage Ratio
- FRTB Curvature Charge
- ISDA SIMM in Excel – Cross Currency Swaps
- Capital Requirements for Exposures to CCPs
- CME-LCH Basis for Dummies
- Supplementary Leverage Ratio: Comparing US Banks
- MiFiD II: Transparency Data
Each of these achieved > 2,000 views in the year, the top one with > 8,000 views and the cumulative views for the top 10 list was > 35,000 views.
Top 10 Blogs in 2017
Next the blogs that we published in earlier years, ranked by their views in the year 2017.
- Fundamental Review of the Trading Book – What You Need to Know
- SA-CCR: Standardised Approach to Counterparty Credit Risk
- FRTB – The Default Risk Charge
- Mechanics and Definitions of Spread and Butterfly Swaps
- Principal Component Analysis of the Swap Curve
- FRTB – Internal Models or Standardised Approach
- MiFiD II and Transparency for Swaps: What You Need to Know
- FRTB – Excel Calculator for the Standardised Approach
- The IMM Roll for Swaps – What is It and What are the Volumes?
- ISDA SIMM Excel Calculator
Each of these blogs had > 5,000 views in the year, the top two with > 10,000 views each and the cumulative views for the top 10 list was > 70,000 views.
Categories and Topics
Our most active categories were:
In most of these we added at least 10 new blog articles in the year and most of the blog articles in the Top 10 lists fall into one of these categories.
These categories reflect not only our own interest but more importantly what our readers find to be of value.
Traffic on the Clarus website continues to increase each month.
- 4,250 users in Nov 2014
- 8,500 users in Nov 2015, up 100%
- 12,000 users in Nov 2016, up 40%
- 20,000 users in Nov 2017, up 67%
Pageviews are now averaging 43,000 a month, up from 31,000 a year earlier; an increase of 40%.
Some more 2017 statistics:
- We published 140 new blog articles in the year.
- There are now 620 articles on our website.
- 60 articles achieved > 1,000 views.
- 240 days with > 600 unique users on our website.
- The highest single day with 1,475 users.
- The highest week with 5,500 users.
- The cumulative time spent by all users was > 500,000 minutes or 8,600 hours,
- Which is up from 5,500 hours in 2016, an increase of 56%.
A phenomenal amount of time well spent.
We strive each week to create original content that educates, informs and interests our readers.
We hope to continue in the same vein in 2018.
It is gratifying that the data shows that so many of you follow the Clarus blog.
We hope you will continue to do so.
It remains for me to thank you and wish you all the best for 2018.